Sildenafil tablets are prescribed for the treatment of impotence for men. This medicine can help men to sustain erect male genitalia for around 5 to 6 hours. Impotence is a rising concern for men throughout the world. It may be natural after a certain age, but it is unnatural and concerning at young ages. Heavy workload, improper diets, stress, restlessness, lack of sleep, and many other reasons could be behind male impotence.
Male impotence, medically known as erectile dysfunction, is a rising concern throughout the world. It causes loss of sexual desire as well as satisfaction. Due to sexual issues, a rift in relationships can happen. Many people suffer from a lack of self-esteem due to this reason as well. For treatment of erectile dysfunction. This drug is often prescribed.
How Sildenafil Tablets Work?
Sildenafil tablets are an active pharmaceutical drug. As stated, it helps in the treatment of erectile dysfunction for men. It brings in sexual desire by increasing blood flow level at the penile region. This drug impacts an active and important enzyme of the body, known as enzyme PDE 5. An enhanced blood flow around the male genitalia gives strength to the muscles. As a result, the person attains a perfect and long-lasting erection.
How to Use Sildenafil Tablets?
This medicine is prescribed to be taken at least 1 hour before mating. Generally, the efficacy of this drug remains for around 4-5 hours. It must be consumed with a glass of milk or water. One can take the tablet before or after a meal.
The efficacy of this drug deteriorates due to the consumption of fat-rich food. Absorption of the medicine gets slower due to the presence of fat. Even though one can consume it after a fat-rich meal, it is highly recommended not to drink grape juice before and after 24 hours of consuming this medicine.
Sildenafil Tablet Dosage
Sildenafil tablets are available at various dosages. For example, it can be found in 50 Mg, 100 Mg, and 200 Mg dosages. Selecting the right dose depends on the age of a person. For choosing the right dose, you should consult a doctor.
- Missed Dose: Sildenafil tablets should be consumed. At least 60 minutes before involving in physical intimacy activities. Missing the dose would result in a continuation of erectile dysfunction. If you miss a dose, you should not take multiple tablets to compensate for a missed dose. One tablet is prescribed at a time.
- Overdose: Overdose of this drug may lead to various complications. Overdose can lead to a prolonged and painful erection. Apart from that, many other side effects may also appear.
Sildenafil Side Effects
Every pharmaceutical drug may have some potential side effects. Side-effects occur due to different reasons, and the occurrence of the side-effects varies from person to person. Since Sildenafil tablets impact hormones, enzymes, and blood pressure levels, blood pressure irregularity is a common side-effect of this drug. And can also trigger migraines or headaches due to the effect of this drug. Other side effects are blurred vision, nausea, facial flushing, blocked nose, etc. When side effects appear, the person must consult a physician or specialist doctor. If side-effects seem severe, and should not waste time in consulting doctors.
General Instructions and Warnings
Here are some of the general precautions required to be taken when prescribed this medicine for erectile dysfunction.
- Alcohol should not be consumed when a person is under treatment for this medicine.
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice should not be consumed. When you are prescribed to take this medicine.
- Blurred vision and headache can be noted as side effects of this medicine. Hence, driving after taking this medicine is discouraged. At least after 10 hours of taking this medicine, one can drive safely.
- This medicine does not protect against sexually transmitted disorders.
- Oil-rich or fat-rich foods should be avoided when under the course of this medicine.
When Not to Use?
- If you are undergoing heart disease treatment or therapy. This medicine is not recommended as it can cause blood pressure irregularity. Leading to heart-related issues.
- If you are undergoing kidney therapy treatment or dialysis, This medicine is not recommended for you.
- Sildenafil tablets are recommended for men only, not women. Those who are below 18 years of age should not consume this medicine.
People rarely encounter allergic reactions after taking this tablet. When allergic reactions occur, you should not consume them any further without consulting a doctor. In the UK, Sildenafil is available at online stores. You can easily purchase the drug for ED online through a trusted online store.