If you’re looking to get rid of dark spots and welcome that flawless, even-toned skin then, Vitamin C Face Cream is the perfect skincare pick-me-up for you. It also helps fend off signs of aging because of its vital role in the body’s natural collagen synthesis. Already sounds good, right?
Like they say, drink lots of water, get lots of sleep, and take your vitamin C! However, according to studies, you can eat your way to healthy skin. Still, topical application of vitamin C face cream will have all the benefits directly absorbed by the skin, which is 2x more effective.
You can get the most out of a vitamin C face cream if you’re down with the how, when, and with whom terms of application, which is:
- Vitamin C face cream is best applied on a clean face in the morning, followed by sunscreen. This will increase your skin’s immunity against UV-induced pigmentation and aging. It will also fade old post-acne pigmentation and even out the skin’s overall complexion.
- Vitamin C is compatible with active ingredients like Niacinamide & Hyaluronic Acid. However, it does not agree with any exfoliating acids, namely the AHA’s (Glycolic, Lactic & Mandelic), BHA (Salicylic), and Retinol.
- If you do not have any other active ingredient in your skincare regimen, you can use Vitamin C Face Cream both during the day and at night. If you use Retinol/Niacinamide, apply vitamin C in the morning and Retinol/Niacinamide at night.
- The body naturally produces Vitamin C, so the absorption rate is faster while applying a Vitamin C Face Cream or Serum, meaning it won’t leave any unwanted grease or shine behind.
- Most skin types can use topical Vitamin C for an extended period without experiencing any adverse reactions.
What Are The Benefits Of Applying Vitamin C Face Cream?
This vital ingredient has a trickle-down effect that replenishes the top and deep layers of the skin with a C of benefits:
- Hydrates Skin
Vitamin C Cream has shown to help reduce transepidermal water loss, allowing your skin to better retain moisture and for a more extended period. Follow it up with two drops of Hyaluronic Acid Serum, and your skin will sing your praises!
- Brightens Skin
Vitamin C helps fade pigmentation to reduce dullness and smooth out uneven skin texture, minimizing large pores’ appearance and leaving you with a healthy and youthful glow.
Vitamin C cream helps fade any sign of skin discoloration like tanning and blemishes, improving complexion and restoring the natural skin tone you were born with.
- Fades Hyperpigmentation
The aftermath of acne is post-acne marks that are quite stubborn to fade out. Vitamin C help inhibit tyrosine-induced melanin production triggered whenever our skin is under stress like acne, for example, or cuts and burns.
- Reduces Dark Circles
Vitamin C helps alleviate discoloration associated with under-eye circles and smooth out fine lines by plumping and hydrating the under-eye area. Dermatologists are now of the opinion that an under-eye cream is good to have but can be avoided if you use a vitamin C face cream.
- Promotes Collagen Production
Lower levels of collagen can lead to fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C helps boosts collagen, a.k.a, the building blocks of protein found in our body that depletes over time. It also offers structural support and promotes wound healing.
- Prevents Premature Aging
UV light causes premature aging resulting in age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. Vitamin C face creams help block UV damage to a large extent with its antioxidant properties.
- Calms Redness
Vitamin C helps treat various inflammatory skin conditions and reduces any sign of redness or irritation.
Mamaearth Vitamin C Face Cream with Vitamin C & SPF 20 for Skin Illumination is a lightweight formulation enriched with the antioxidant prowess of Vitamin C and oil-controlling benefits Niacinamide, thus reducing age spots and acne marks on the skin. It is dermatologically tested and made suitable for all skin types to fight photoaging, free-radical damage and repair skin cells to reveal healthy and radiant skin. The face cream contains no harsh chemicals and is free of SLS, Parabens, and Mineral Oils, and can be applied on the face and the neck region generously, twice a day. P.S. You need to follow up with an additional 30 SPF when applying during the day because Indian weather is harsh and unforgiving.