Dealing and preparing for exams such as NEET, could be stressful. Often, it seems too demanding, with hours of dedication. It is always a better idea to start preparing early for any examination. If you feel like you need help coping with stress and in preparation, this article is for you. In this post, we understand and learn different strategies to adopt for effective preparation.
1. Start Preparation
It is important to start your NEET 2022 preparation in advance to give yourself the best chance to retain what you are learning and make it meaningful to excel in the exam.
2. Make a plan
The vastness of the NEET syllabus can overwhelm many. It can cause a hurdle for the tasks ahead of you. To refrain from facing any anxiety due to procrastination, draw up a workable timetable. It positively will increase your sense of control on tasks and keeps a check on your time management for efficiency. Ensure to be realistic, do not set impractical goals.
There is an increased likelihood if you take into consideration the following points –
- Avoid allocating large time slots for a subject. Shuffle subjects to stay interested and maintain concentration
- Refrain from cramming. Several reviews on the topics will help in memorising. This way, more information is retained with the many reviews over the stretch of time as opposed to one long session
- Tasks overtime – Instead of having a dubious aim like practicing Physics numerical, set specific parts of the task for each of the allotted time slots. There is a sense of accomplishment that comes after completing even a small task successfully. Splitting tasks into small sections makes the revision process less intimidating
- Analyze your strategy – if your current plan does not seem to be of much help to effectively revise, analyze your approach. Take into consideration, judicious changes. For instance, you have framed a timetable that may not be flexible to accommodate any unplanned event. Combat the temptation to ditch your schedule for that event. It could be that you just need small adjustments
- Include recreational activities – ensure to follow this point to get back fresh and stick to your preparation
3. Know your exam well
Your revision tactic must take into account the nature of the exam. Find out from the NEET sample paper and previous years’ questions about the structure and format of the exam, the subject areas and typology of questions. Course handouts and outlines can equip one with important information, visit the official website for important guidelines set by the regulatory body for NEET, the NTA (National Testing Agency). Also, you can take cues from exam review sessions, video discussions and even former students on expectations.
Effective revision sessions empower one to learn and move from short-term memory to long-term memory. It is in the long-term memory where information is systematically placed and has more likelihood to be retrieved.
This was a 4-step guide to your NEET preparation. Subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube Channel for related content on NEET 2022.