Snapchat is amongst the most popular messaging apps. Just like other messaging apps, you can share your videos, photos, and messages, but the unique thing that sets it apart from other social media handles is its disappearing content feature. This short-lived content-sharing feature also made Snapchat an instant hit among the teens.
So, whenever you share your photos and videos, people can see them only for a short period of time and after which the shared content vanishes.
But there are times when you like to download Snapchat videos on your iPhones or androids and don’t let the amazing content go away. Luckily, there are still certain ways to save the Snapchat videos to your iPhone or Android. In this guide, we have got you covered by listing a few proven ways to save Snapchat videos. So stay tuned:
How to Save Snapchat Videos on iPhone
You can save your own Snapchat videos or videos of other people on your iPhone.
- How to Save Your Own Snapchat Videos
Depending on whether you have posted your videos or not, there are various ways to save your own Snapchat videos.
- Save Snapchat Video To iPhone Camera Roll
To save the video just after recording it and before posting it, follow the given steps:
- Record the video through your Snapchat camera and tap the downward-facing arrow button
- A pop-up will appear. Tap Memories and Camera roll and then Save button to save your Snapchat videos in the iPhone photos app
Save Snapchat Video From Your Story
If you have already posted the video as a story and want to save it now, you can do so by using these steps:
- Open Snapchat on your iPhone
- Tap the profile icon visible on the top left corner and go to the stories tab
- Click the video you want to save
- Tap the down arrow to save the video to the iPhone camera roll
How to Save Snapchat Videos of Other Users on iPhone
Before saving Snapchat videos of other users, remember that sharing and saving another person’s video from Snapchat is copyright infringement. Therefore, you should always ask the video creator for permission to download the video.
Since Snapchat doesn’t allow the users to download others’ videos, you have to use the iPhone screen recording feature and do the following steps:
- Open Snapchat
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your screen to go to Control Centre
- Tap the screen record button to start screen recording and swipe up to go back to Snapchat
- Tap the video you want to save
- Wait for the video to finish, tap the red bar from the top left corner, and then tap Stop. The saved video will appear in the Photos app
Screen Record Notification to Video Owner
When you have downloaded a Snapchat video using the iPhone screen recording feature, Snapchat will notify its creator to let him know that you have recorded the video.
Therefore, it’s always better to ask before saving the video and avoid copyright infringement.
How to Save Snapchat Videos on Android
If you are using Android, you can easily save your own Snapchat video or others’ Snapchat videos using a third-party app.
How to Save Your Own Snapchat Videos
Here are the steps to download your own Snapchat video
- Open the Snapchat, take a video with the Snapchat camera, and tap down arrow button to save the video
- Once you save the video, exit the video by clicking the X symbol in the top left corner
- Now swipe up from the bottom and see the saved videos
- Click and hold on the video you want to save to camera roll and then select Export snap
- Select camera roll to save the video in your Android’s camera roll
Save Snapchat Video From Your Story
While you are sending your videos to your friends on the Snapchat story, you can easily download Snapchat videos through these steps:
- Open Snapchat and click the profile icon from the top left corner of the screen
- Open the My Story section and swipe up to see your stories
- Now download your video by tapping down arrow button from the bottom left corner
- If you have posted multiple videos, you can download them by selecting one video at a time.
How to Save Snapchat Videos of Other Users on Android
The android users have to download a third-party app to save the Snapchat videos of other users.
You can download the apps such as Screenshot, AZ Screen Recorder, EZ Screen Recorder, or Screen Recorder with Audio and Facecam.
Here is the procedure to save Snapchat video using AZ Screen Recorder:
- Download AZ Screen Recorder and launch the app
- Allow the app to display the content over other apps
- A floating icon will be visible on the screen
- Open Snapchat and tap the floating icon and then select the camera icon to start recording
- Tap and open the video you want to save and wait until the recording finishes
- Swipe down the notification bar and tap Stop to stop recording or use the floating icon to stop recording
Best Video Editor to Edit Snapchat Videos-iMyFone Filme
Once you have recorded the Snapchat video, you will want to trim or crop some extra parts of the video. And thankfully, this is possible with the help of iMyFone Filme.
Known for its easy-to-use user interface, iMyFone Filme will perfectly transform the recorded Snapchat videos into professionally created videos.
Just open the iMyFone Filme, choose your recorded video, and do the necessary editing. Within minutes, you will be done.
iMyFone Filme doesn’t just do the basic editing. It works as a fully equipped video editor. Its additional features are:
- Built-in templates to make a well-edited video
- All basic tools
- Tons of transition effects
- Slideshow creation
- High-quality videos
- High compatibility
- Several export options
Even though videos on Snapchat are short-lived, you can still save them via different ways mentioned in this guide and make the most out of your favorite app. Just pick your preferred method and start downloading your favorite video.
And to edit those recorded videos, use iMyFone Filme. This super-easy video editing tool will create stunning videos for you in no time. So, install it today and have the best experience.