In recent years, bee pollen has gained popularity among many nutritionists, fitness individuals, and other members of the health community. Bee pollen is formed from the combination of pollen, honey, nectar, enzymes, wax, saliva, and bee secretions. The pollens are collected from the plants and stored in the beehives which act as food for the colony. Bee pollen is rich in amino acids, vitamins, nutrients, and lipids.
Bee pollen has shown promising health benefits and a few of them are discussed below:
Health benefits of bee pollen:
The bee pollen is a small crunchy pellet with more than 250 active substances in it. The nutritional profile of one teaspoon of bee pollen contains carbohydrates, fat, protein, vitamins, fats, antioxidants, and flavonoids. Just throw a few spoons of bee pollen over salads, smoothies, and oatmeal. Here are a few health benefits of bee pollen:
1. Including bee pollen in the diet helps to reduce inflammation in the body. Yes! The anti-inflammatory effects also help to reduce liver diseases.
2. Bee pollen contains antioxidants such as carotenoids, flavonoids, and this help protect the body from free radical damage, and eliminates inflammation and chronic diseases from the body.
3. Studies have shown that bee pollen reduces cholesterol levels in the body, which lowers the risk of cancer. Bee pollen supplements are available in the market. Get the best brand supplements from a trusted online pharmacy store in India and avail amazing medicine discount on every order you place.
4. Bee pollen pellets help to flush out toxins from the system and protects the liver from damage.
5. Bee pollen has antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiviral properties, hence consuming these help to strengthen the immune system and prevents any allergic reactions that occur in the body.
6. Bee pollen works as a wonderful health supplement hence it can be included in your daily diet for improving your diet and health.
7. A few studies have shown that women who had bee pollen supplement help to ease menopause symptoms. But take supplements only after consulting with the doctor as sometimes, it may interact with your regular medications hence speak to your doctor before including it.
8. Intake of bee pollen helps to improve blood flow, hence adding them along with your regular diet helps to relieve stress.
9. Bee pollen helps to speed up the wound healing. It helps to moisten the skin, improves blood flow and keeps the germs and bacteria away.
10. Bee pollen has anti-cancer property, hence having them may help to prevent cancer or inhibit the growth of the cancer cells.
11. Bee pollen helps to reduce hot flashes, improves sleep, and lessens the muscle and joint pain in the body.
12. Bee pollen consumption increases the absorption of iron, calcium, and phosphorous in the body, speeds up metabolism, and promotes longer life.
Side-effects of bee pollen:
Here, we have listed out a few side-effects of having bee pollen and those are listed below:
There are a few reports which say that consuming bee pollen may increase heart rate, cause cardiac arrest and even leads to death. Always speak to the doctor before adding any herbal supplements in your diet. Also, check whether you are allergic to stings, or swaps and report to the doctor if you are having any of the following symptoms:
- Trouble breathing
In a nutshell intake of bee pollen is safe, but if you have allergic reactions to discontinue from having the same. Also, avoid using it if you are a pregnant woman or a new mom. If you are already on medications like blood thinners, it may lead to bleeding, hence never take bee pollen pellets or supplements without consulting the doctor. Are you taking blood thinners? Are you searching for a good online medicine site to buy your prescription medicines? Yes! Then fret not! Here, is the best online medicine store in India. Submit your prescription online and get your medicines delivered directly at your doorstep.