Travel is the side of life that brings pleasure to almost everyone. Seeing the world and different countries with your own eyes is much more interesting than listening to the stories of others and resorting to the help of the Internet. And what could be better and more exciting than a long-awaited trip to India – the cradle of civilization?
Every year, the conditions for granting a visa to India are getting easier and easier. What many tourists are very happy about! Since August 30, 2019, an opportunity that many have been waiting for for several years has appeared – the government of India has introduced a system of electronic permits for tourists – e-Visa. Using the site Natvisa.com e-visa to India can be issued for a period of 30 days, 1 year, and 5 years and safely cross the Indian border.
Why Prefer India’s e-visa over a traditional visa?
Like any type of visa, an electronic visa has some advantages and disadvantages.
The pros of e-Visa:
– To apply for a visa, you do not need to leave your home, go to the Embassy or the visa application center and stand in queues;
– Visa processing is carried out as transparently as possible, that is, the traveler will not face the fact of extortion;
– The visa does not take up much space in the passport, as it is small in size.
The cons of an e-visa:
– not all countries issue an e-visa, and some do not issue a business visa issued online. However, this does not concern India.
– Not all checkpoints and checkpoints accept e-visas. That is, the traveler needs to know in advance whether his visa is valid at a particular border;
– Perhaps the most important disadvantage is the long wait at the border. That is why it is necessary to have a printed sheet with you, where there will be a confirmation that you are allowed to enter. Moreover, the problem with the passage of the border can occur both at the entrance and the exit from the country. According to the reviews of tourists, the Indian authorities have very well-organized migration control for e-Visa holders and you will not spend much time crossing the border.
Any tourist must remember that the validity of the e-visa begins at the moment when it was issued, and not at the moment when the tourist crossed the border. Therefore, you need to plan your trip in advance, so that you do not waste your precious time later.
Apply For India e-Visa in 3 Easy Steps
To get an e-Visa to India, you will need a set of documents:
– A foreign passport, which will still be valid for at least six months.
– Photos to be converted to jpg format. The quality of the scanned documents must be high.
– Birth certificates of children (if necessary).
The whole process of obtaining an electronic permit to India through the website Natvisa.com can be described in three simple steps:
1) Submit an online application. In the online form, you will need to enter basic personal data (last name, first name, gender, citizenship, date of birth, religion, etc.), select the required type of visa (tourist, medical, or business), and specify your e-mail address.
2) Receiving and printing the finished e-Visa. A ready-made electronic permit is sent to the previously specified e-mail address within 72 hours, which you must print out and take with you on your trip. If after a long time the message has not arrived, check the “Spam” folder in your e-mail or write to the support service Natvisa.com.
3) Arrival in India. When passing through the border control, you need to present a printed e-Visa from your e-mail.
It is also worth telling about the validity period of an e-visa to India. A double-entry e-visa for 30 days becomes valid from the moment of entry into India. However, do not rush to do it too soon, because, from the moment you receive an entry permit, you are given a 30-day corridor when you can enter the country. A multi-visa for 1 year and 5 years begins to operate from the moment of obtaining a permit.
To obtain an electronic permit to enter India, your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in India and must have at least two blank pages to be printed by an immigration officer.
If you have changed your passport, you can enter with a visa pasted in the old document. Therefore, it is important to take both the old and new passport with you to cross the border.
Avoid multiple visa applications
When filling out the application form on the website Natvisa.com You should be very careful. If you accidentally submit the visa application form several times, your application will be rejected. Another unpleasant moment – the paid visa fee will not be refunded to you!
If your application is rejected, you will need to wait until you receive an email from Natvisa with further instructions.
Activities Allowed for India Tourist eVisa
E-visa is suitable if you intend to:
– Travel around India.
– To be treated in local medical institutions.
– Visit friends or relatives.
– Come to solve business issues.
In other words, if you crossed the Indian border on a tourist visa, and at the same time you are trying to register a company, this will be considered a gross violation of migration legislation. This is fraught with serious sanctions, including deportation and a ban on entry into the country for an indefinite period.
It is also worth noting that one of the most serious violations of the visa regime, according to the Indian authorities, is participation in political parties and events. E-Visa holders should definitely not engage in Indian politics.
Covid-19 Entry Restrictions
India is developing conditions for the restoration of tourism and is preparing to welcome tourists. Measures are already being taken to create a favorable environment in this industry.
To visit the country, tourists will have to present the result of a negative test for coronavirus, or a certificate of vaccination. In the presence of these documents, tourists will be released from the quarantine.
Upon arrival at the country’s airport, you will need to measure the temperature. If a tourist shows signs of the disease, he will have to pass another test for the coronavirus. In case of a positive result, it is necessary to pass quarantine.